If you experienced domestic violence or abuse, it’s very important to practice self-care of our bodies physically, emotionally, and mentally.
What is Self-Care? Self-care equal pamper yourself! Trust! Believe in you. You deserve to feel better, stronger, and more alive. When you practice self-care you rest and recharge makes your better, stronger and more alive.
Empowerment is self-care builds self-esteem, self-worth, and make your own decisions.
Things to make your life easier, and healthier:
1. Journal or List all your personal strengths and reflect on them often. Take time to prioritize your day.
2. List all the things you are grateful for and reasons why. Focus on the positive! Laugh. Smile often.
3. No one is perfect, so let that go.
4. Exercise 10 to 30 minutes daily.
5. Practice praying, meditation and breathing techniques.
6. Get enough sleep.
7. Drink plenty of water.
8. Remove people that are no good for you. Look for people you admire, or who can be your role model, or mentor.
9. Organize one room at a time.
10.Believe in yourself, you deserve it!
11. Listen to music.
12. Call a trusted friend or family member.
13. Sit on the porch. Enjoy fresh air and sunlight.
14. Take a shower using some homemade sugar scrubs.
15. Schedule a Spa night at home (facial, pedicure, and/or manicure)
16. Color, draw, write, or read.
17. Create your own vision board from magazines and writings.
18. Spend time alone.
19. Grab a glass of wine, tea, or coffee and sip in the tub. Be safe and responsible.
Remember you are worth it. Enjoy!
Come back next week for my breathing technique video.
Please leave a comment and like.
“Love Doesn’t Have to Hurt”