We love our children and need to keep them safe. It’s our responsibility as parents or guardians to protect them. Taking responsibility is the first step.
- We are busy with our jobs and life, but we must stay connected with our children. Be aware of what they watch on television, computer use and other technology.
- Set up boundaries. Family boundaries to teach respect for yourself and other family members. If you respect you, you can also respect others.
- Teach it’s okay to say “No”. I respect your privacy.
- Talk about the things that are bothering you.
- Speak up if you see or hear inappropriate behavior.
- It’s okay to report anything you think is sexual abuse against anyone.
- Tell your children the proper name for their body parts.
- Teach your children about good touches, bad touches, sexual touches and what’s not okay.
- Teach your children about good secrets and bad secrets.
- Let your children know if anybody tell them,”they will hurt your parents or they will not believe you. Don’t believe them.” As your parent or guardian I will always believe you and you will not be in trouble.
Thank you for taking your time to read and comment on my article. Also share with others.