Deciding to leave your abuser. If you are hoping, and praying your abuser will change?
It good to pray. They have to let God change them. You can’t change them. Real change comes from the person. The abuse will happen again, if they don’t seek counseling from a domestic violence counselor. Create a support system of trusted family and friends. There is also agencies in your area.
Things to do. Please keep private from your abuser. Keep a journal to document the abuse. Collect important papers and clothing in a safe place. Extra set of keys. Notify your job, school or daycare.
Abusers have deep rooted emotional and probably psychological problems. It takes time to change. The hardest part is leaving and you worry about what will happen once you leave. Love Doesn’t have to Hurt.
Signs that your abuser is not changing:
1. He minimizes that abuse
2. He tells you if you wouldn’t have done this or that then it wouldn’t happen
3. You have to push them to seek counseling
4. If you leave, they will commit suicide or kill you.
5. He pressures you
6. Know your abuser
7. Be safe by making up a code to use in a time of emergency
8. Identify safe places in the home
9. Make an escape plan
Be safe and seek help
All the best,
Thanks for reading and leave comment.