Hello Family and Friends,
Here are the Signs of domestic violence, once you recognize the signs you can get help to get out.
1. Physical abuse – hitting, kicking , choking, slaps and punching.
2. Sexual abuse – making you have sex when you don’t want it or forces sexual acts.
3. Emotional abuse – Calling you bad names. Intimidates you with words, weapons, and threatens you.
Threatens to hurt themself or take/hurt the children.
He has unrealistic expectations. Controls what you wear or where you go or who you can see. Keep you away from family and friends.
He or she plays mind games,making you think it is your fault.
Always Placing blames on someone else for his behavior.
Cause embarrassment on purpose.
Destroy your happiness.
4. Economically abuse – destroy your belongs or your property or the pet. Controls the money. Take or keep the money from you.
5. Psychological abuse – You are afraid and intimidated of your abuser. Isolation.
6. You are experiencing post trauma stress.
Keep important papers from you.
Causes you to lose your job.
If you are experiencing any of these signs then you are living with domestic violence.
Please start keeping a journal of the abuse with date and time. Gather important papers and clothing keep in a safe place. Plan your departure and practice a safety plan.
There are people and place that can help. Love doesn’t have to hurt
Short term effects of domestic violence
Bruises, bites and marks
Black eyes and vision loss
STD’s because he doesn’t want to wear a condom.
Long term effects of domestic violence
Headaches and back pain
eating disorder and trouble sleeping
Post traumatic stress disorder
Smoking, Alcohol or drug use
Illness and diseases.
If this article helped you in anyway. Please post comments and share with others.
Blessing to all,
Please leave any question, comments and share with others.